Tuesday, December 28, 2010

ARRIVING HOME...AT LAST!

Home at last!....

                                                   We flew from Dubai to Singapore, then Singapore to Melbourne. 
Our husband's looking very anxious that our
plane lands safely
It was actually good, because that allowed us to go through customs then freshen up in the bathrooms after our 15 hour flights.. Trust me, we needed it! 


We then arrived home (Cooloongatta)  on a domestic flight from Melbourne. Everyone was probably wondering what on earth all the fuss was for, just from Melbourne! You see my family and friends were there to greet us. They made signs that we could see from a long way off before we even came through the doors! my son Joshua made the most amazing card I have ever received! It has me on the front holding one of the African babies from Uganda and on the inside he spent hours drawing a map of the world with all the countries and a flight path of where I had been! One that I will cherish for ever!
The amazing card Josh made for me!
 Then if that wasn't enough, my mother had many balloons connected by string with welcome back written all over them. She then proceeded to wrap them around me! It was an incredible scene, one that I will never forget. It was so good to be home, I almost wanted to kiss the ground! When we were going through customs, I truly never thought I would miss the greeting "g'day mate, how's it going".  When I heard those words I nearly cried! I might be more patriotic then I thought!

It was so good to see all my children again, I'm sure they have all grown in 3 weeks! When we finally arrived back to house, the kids were so proud to say they had cleaned up the house.  The house was totally spotless! What a relief that was!! 





Kylie and Jaccii made huge signs!

My beautiful Angela
Brodie and Corey
My big boy Lachlan who is now taller than me!

Since coming back I have missed a lot of things in Ugands, but since being home I have found more things to be greateful for that I used to take for granted...

A few things I am now more grateful for:

  • Drinking water from a tap and
  • Brushing my teeth with tap water
  • Home cooked meal (Aussie style!)
  • Not squatting for a toilet
  • Hot, looong showers
  • Clean air
  • My iPhone 4 and great telstra coverage!
  • Australian currency that I understand!
  • Driving my own car
  • Traffic lights and road rules
  • Not living out of a suitcase
  • My amazing pillow top kingsize bed! (without mosquito nets)
  • Being a mother to my 5 amazing children
  • And of course my husband... It turns out that absence does make the heart grow fonder!


1 comment:

BIBLE

BIBLE

KEYS TO THE KINGDOM